Dispute Information Processing

What to do if you feel information on your credit report is inaccurate or incomplete

You can get a second chance to make a first impression

Whether you are applying for credit or just being proactive, investigating potential misinformation on your credit report is an important part of responsible credit management. Leaving inaccuracies unaddressed can lower your credit score. In addition, staying on top of incorrect data, which is often a sign of fraudulent activity, can help reduce your risk of identity theft and other crimes.

Filing a dispute with Birchwood Credit Services

If you need to dispute information on a credit report that was provided to your lender by Birchwood Credit Services, please call us at (800) 910-0015.


Mail us at:

Birchwood Credit Services
PO Box 436
North Conway, NH 03860

For a full breakdown of your summary of rights as a consumer under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), please click here.

If you feel feel you have been a victim to identity theft, please click here for a summary of your rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).

How to file and track an inquiry with the credit bureaus

You have the option to dispute information on your credit report via any one of the three credit bureaus.  For a free copy of your credit report, visit www.annualcreditreport.com. Bear in mind that creditors have 30 (sometimes 45) days to respond to a credit bureau inquiry about data they have provided.

To file a dispute inquiry, just contact one of the credit bureaus listed below.